Mar 9, 2006

To help or not to help!

Have you ever been in a situation asking yourself to help or not to help? Then you told yourself “Oh, shut up, of course you must help and you should participate if you can, so do it, do it”. All right you decided finally after not a very long argue with yourself. You step forward with pride, you announce that you are ready to help. Up to here everything is fine, done and done! Is it really? I mean if you are not helping! What do I mean? I am sure you know what I mean. After few days, few hours or few second you realise that you did not help and just made the case worse! I remember once I was driving in a motorway close to my home in Tehran. I saw a blind walking on the shoulder of the motorway. It was a dangerous situation and he could get killed. I stopped my car, I went to him, asked him if he needed help, took his hand and helped him to find the pedestrian crossing. He yelled on me that he wanted to stay in the motorway! Now, did I help or I did not. I have been to many situations like this which I didn’t know I shall help or not to. Sometimes I am so conservative and I prefer not to help. But it is difficult seeing a friend of yours asking for help and you pretend that you don’t know. Sometimes I do my best in order to help a friend but usually something goes wrong. I wish I could sit in my time machine, going back and diverting anything I had done before! But there is no time machine and I have to face it, I have to accept its responsibility or I have to stop helping!

Few days ago I did something and I am so angry of myself. I wish I could do something about it. But too late and there is no time machine.